Saturday, April 4, 2009

Switching to a 6-day split, and carb cycling

So I'm going from my current 3-day lifting split to a 6-day split to allow me to concentrate more on specific body parts. More concentration = more growth.

Also carb cycling the diet. On my low-carb days I'll be consuming between .25 and .5g of carbs per pound of bodyweight (closer to the bottom limit, which puts me at about 60g per day... HARD to do), 1-1.5g protein per pound, and not too particular about the fat intake (I'm not going to eat an entire stick of butter but I'm also not going to cut fat out entirely, as I'm trying to get my body used to burning it for fuel). On high carb days (those glorious days!) every fourth day, I'm going to get between .75 and 1g carb per pound.

I'm cycling back up to keep my body guessing, lose fat, and keep the ketosis going while maintaining my sanity with a "good" day every fourth day. Hopefully I'll go from 237 lbs and 30% or so bodyfat to... maybe 220 and 12%? In maybe 6 months or so...

No comments: