Thursday, January 6, 2011

This diet sucks

Legs today. I had significantly less strength per rep and set than I've had in the past -- more than can easily be explained away by not lifting in a while. You don't just go from a leg press 1RM over 800 to struggling to push 360 because you haven't lifted in a couple months, especially considering the amount of walking I do. I blame it on the diet.

SO

starting tomorrow

no more "no white carbs" nonsense. Eating my usual brown rice/oatmeal/whole wheat carbs I've done in the past, with a limit of 62g/day (roughly one carb per four lbs bodyweight) and a strict cutoff after 7:00 p.m. I can't lift if I have no energy and no glycogen stores, and if I can't lift, I can't burn fat. Of course I will have an "off" day which will be basically an all-out cheat, eat whatever I want kinda day, to cycle the carbs back up. This Four Hour Body slow carb shit just ain't cutting it. We'll see how I look in a couple months. Smart money says a WHOLE lot better than now.

No comments: